Aquaculture Heat Pump Specifications
Aquaculture & Aquatic Ventures Farms, Hatcheries, Aquaponics & Aquariums
Aquaculture Heat Pump Specifications
Features & Benefits
Superior Coil Corrosion Protection
There are many pre & post coating protection for evaporator/Condenser coils used in the HVAC & Heat Pump markets. They all provide a degree of protection covering different potential uses. The most common coatings used in today’s heat pump systems are standard gloss cover and blue coating (also known as Blue Fin Coating). However, more advanced heat pumps now use hydrophilic coatings or better still Epoxy coatings (sprayed on or for best performance dipped and baked on).
For fresh-water projects, the coating is less important, but for salt-water applications or for coastal locations the coating is paramount to the success and longevity of a heat pump or chiller. Under salty conditions, it is highly recommended to use Epoxy or a hydrophobic coil. coating. This is why Toyesi has chosen to use Epoxy in its aquaculture heat pump specifications as a standard go-to coil coating.
Toyesi heat pumps have used the “Baked on Dipped Epoxy Coating” as its preferred coating for over 20 years now. Best suited to any project where saltwater spray may be common, such as by the ocean, or for projects that use saltwater such as in aquaculture.
Advanced Hydrophobic Coating Technology
E-Coat: The E-Coat provides superior protection against many corrosive environments. The coils have an extremely durable and flexible epoxy coating uniformly applied all over the coils’ surface for complete isolation from the contaminated environment and is one of the most effective means of corrosion protection available and is considered the benchmark for corrosion resistance.
Although Toyesi uses backed Epoxy coating on its coils, E-Coated Coil is an option for the most corrosive environments. However, E-Coat is a special project by project application and has to be specially ordered in.
Highest quality titanium heat exchangers.
Most heat pumps use a Tube-in-shell heat exchanger. That is titanium piping with a PCV or plastic outer shell. Although low cost and versatile, they are prone to cracking at the plastic shell joins. This is for a couple of reasons.
- Titanium is a difficult metal to work with, and so plastic washers and nuts have to be used to join the titanium pipework to the PVC Shell. This is where most of the leaks will occur.
- In single heat or chill projects this may not be an issue, however in projects requiring temperature control and the heat pump is required to heat and chill, the PVC shell with expanding and shrink and over time crack.
To overcome these issues Toyesi invested in full metal jacket heat exchangers. This solution removed the two main heat exchanger issues. Easy braised connections and no cracking under stress.
- Water in the inner coil and gas in between the inner and outer coil enhance turbulence intensity and heat transfer coefficient.
- Spirally corrugated tubes increase heat transfer area to also increase efficiency.
- Reliable with higher pressure standards and fewer welding points
- Titanium inner tube with high corrosion resistance.
- Enhanced groove line inner tube surface further boosting heat transfer efficiency.
- Full metal inner and outer to ensure no plastic component failures or leaking connections. High-pressure rating compared to U-PVC.
For those looking for budget-focused aquaculture products, we now offer the Titanium Monoblock heat exchangers. Designed and built by the same manufacturer as the tube in tube, however, it offers a compact design and a unique removable casing that allows for cleaning. Its only drawback is we require additional refrigerant accumulators to allow for the lack of internal spacing.
Intelligent Energy Management Controller
- An intelligent energy management controller ensures reliable operation throughout the year.
- Coupled with this controller is electrical, refrigerant and water flow safety devices ensuring equipment protection and peace of mind.
- External Contact points for BMS System connectivity via Voltage free contact points. +15V power from the board.
- Advanced, yet simple to use, thermostat for trouble-free easy operation
Increased system safety inclusions and special features for longevity and peace of mind
- 304 Stainless steel chassis & upgradable to 316 Stainless
- Water flow detection
- Low and high-pressure detection
- Anti-freeze thermostat for protecting the heat exchanger
- Suction accumulator to protect the compressor from liquid refrigerant return failure during defrosting.
- Soft Starter is available for our 1-phase systems
- Advanced in-house designed defrost cycle system.
- Lower water flow requirements compared to other heat pumps.
- Aquaculture Heat Pump Specifications 2nd to none
Solving the Plug and Play Water-Flow Issues
Most heat pumps are just plumb in, and you hope you have the correct water flow to provide the heating or chilling performance levels for the unit. To little or too much water flow will provide a very under-performing heat pump.
Toyesi’s Unique Water Balance Valves are used to adjust water flow levels through the heat exchanger, allowing for excess water flow to safely bypass the heat pump and delving the correct amount of water through the heat pump for optimum heat pump performance.
Australia’s most reliable manufacturer of technically advanced commercial quality
HEATER-CHILLER HEAT PUMPS.
Unmatched For Technical Expertise & Meticulous Manufacturing
Request a Quote*
Fill out the following form, our expert team will contact and make sure you get the highest level of assistance